What Would Be The Best Vacuum For Pet Hair?
As much as we love our pets, it is perfectly natural to feel frustrated when you try to clean up its hair all over the place. If you’ve experienced your pet’s shedding season for the first time, you would know how hard it is to remove pet hair from sofas, carpets, and upholsteries.
But with the right technique and the best vacuum for pet hair, you might find this task a lot easier. Today, we will be featuring a buying guide on how to find the best vacuum for your pet.
Why Should You Get One?
- As a dog owner, this an important investment to make. Pet hair vacuums are not something you buy every week, and getting a bad product can cause more harm than good.
- One of my main problems is my Pug’s daily shedding. Although Pugs have a short fur coat, they still shed everyday. This is why my dog’s hair is everywhere. From my bed, to the sofa, and down to my pants.
- You’ll experience this problem with most dogs. Only a handful of our pooches don’t shed, and that’s because they have hair similar to humans. A good example of this would be a Shih Tzu.
- Just imagine sweeping the floor or dusting it off every day. It’s really not ideal especially if you’re taking time and energy into account. With a pet hair vacuum, you’ll get the job done in no time. This is why I’ve bought a reliable one and used it daily ever since.
Things To Consider When Buying Pet Hair Vacuum
If you’ve been searching, you will discover that there are different types of vacuum. These vary in price and cleaning range.
Some are more powerful and some are lighter and easier to move around. However, aside from the type of vacuum and price, there are still several things to consider before buying one.
Here are some things to consider:
1.Type of vacuum
Just as we mentioned earlier, there are different kinds. These are the upright vacuums, canister vacuums, stick vacuums, handheld (or wireless) vacuums and “robotic” vacuums.
The size and power of the upright vacuums are perfect for deep cleaning. These are very powerful and has a strong suction. However, it might be a little heavy to pull and push. The canister vacuum, on the other hand, features a tank with a long hose attached to it.
This might be a bit easier to move around compared to the upright vacuum. It is also designed to make disposal of dirt a lot easier. Stick vacuums are also quite similar to canister vacuums except there is no canister to carry around.
Furthermore, you might find stick vacuums which you can detach from their wands. This leads us to the fourth type which is the handheld or cordless vacuum. Some come with rotating brushes ideal for cleaning upholstery and light cleaning. These are also mostly meant for light cleaning or touch ups.
Last but not the least, are the robotic vacuums. Similar to the handheld vacuums, these are also lightweight and cordless. However, you can control them with a remote control or program them to clean when you’re not at home.
If you will be using the vacuum specifically for pet hair only, handheld vacuums are a good choice. Not only are they powerful enough but they are also very light and easy to carry around compared to other vacuum types.
2.Floor space at home
Whether you live in a loft, apartment, condo unit, or a big house, space is important. This is because the size of your floor area can affect how much space is needed when determining your cleaning range.
The type of vacuum you will be choosing should also be based on your home’s floor area. If you will be cleaning a lot of areas, you can choose a vacuum that’s lighter and easier to move around. Ideally, this could be the canister vacuum or the stick vacuum.
However, if you will only be cleaning one place thoroughly, you can choose the more powerful vacuums. These will help you with deep cleaning despite their weight and mobility.
3.What are you cleaning
Are you just solely buying the vacuum for pet hair? Or do you plan to use it for general housekeeping as well? If so, buy a powerful yet easy to move around vacuum. This would cost you less since it’s going to be an all in one equipment.
However, if you’re planning to buy the vacuum just for pet hair, it’s okay to simply choose the lighter or more portable vacuums such as the canister or the handheld vacuum. Most vacuums that are very portable also offer an easier disposal system for vacuumed waste.
- The most technologically advanced vacuums are not necessarily the best. All vacuum types have their limitations. Choose one you think is fit for your home, purposes and lifestyle. It is best not to get easily swayed by sales talk.
- For instance, the robotic vacuums might sound very convenient. However, they can be very expensive and are only meant for quick touch ups.
- Three important things you should remember when buying a vacuum for pet hair are suction, filter and tools. A vacuum that is superior in these three features would do a great vacuum for pet hair.
- The suction, filter and tools of a vacuum must be able to handle really high volumes of fur or pet hair. That way, you can make sure that the vacuum you will be buying can last a long time.Here are several FAQs for vacuums and vacuum cleaning.
- Treat your pet hair vacuum as a long term investment. It is okay to buy a vacuum that seems a little pricey if it means the quality is good. If the company or manufacturer also offers free repair or warranty, then that would be better.
- Do not sacrifice the quality for price. In the long run, it would also cost you a lot to keep buying a new vacuum because the older ones are easily broken. There are certain materials vacuums are made with that are durable and are not.
- For instance, vacuum cleaners are usually made from stainless steel, metal or molded plastic. In time, these materials are bound to get worn out or damaged. It is best to choose one that can withstand high heat or temperatures as well as frequent usages.
- Although you still might come up with other factors to consider when buying, these are just some of the most important factors to consider when buying the best vacuum for you and your pet’s hair.
Our Top 5 Picks
Among all the variety of factors listed that you must keep in mind, the Bisell Pet Hair Eraser might be an optimal choice for you.
Given all of these standards, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum possesses great power, a simple, ergonomic design and versatile accessories all at a great price. It is made out of materials that are sure to last you quite a long time.
When you’re dealing with your pooch’s pet hair, you would want to have something that is durable and efficient. The Bisell Pet Hair Eraser is a great choice considering it meets these two crucial factors. Moreover, it gives more cleaning room because of its add-ons.
So if you’re looking for an easy-to-use and affordable vacuum cleaner, then this one might be a good option for you to try.